You may hone your translation and interpreting talents by earning an english to chinese translation and interpreting degree. With more than 950 million native speakers globally, Mandarin Chinese is frequently the language most frequently needed for expert translation services.
This three-year degree allows you to gain abilities that employers greatly value, which offers up a variety of intriguing employment prospects.
WHY SWANSEA FOR ENGLISH-CHINESE TRANSLATION AND INTERPRETATION?
The English to Chinese Translation and Interpreting program has a stellar reputation among students and employers. It is housed on our beautiful Singleton Park campus in a parkland setting with views of Swansea Bay and the Gower Peninsula.
This unique degree is only offered to native or almost native Chinese Mandarin speakers who are proficient in English as a foreign language, and Swansea is the only university to offer it.
- You’ll have the chance to pick up some experience in translation.
- Gaining experience translating for local government and businesses will be possible for you.
Swansea’s modern languages program is rated as:
- 20 best career prospects in the UK (Guardian University Guide 2022)
- Top 20 for student satisfaction in the UK (Guardian University Guide 2022)
- Top 300 worldwide (QS World Rankings 2022)
- possesses a teaching TEF Gold Rating (Teaching Excellence Framework)
- Top 25 Institutions in the UK (Guardian University Guide 2022)
YOUR TRANSLATION AND INTERPRETING SKILLS FROM ENGLISH TO CHINESE
Two thematically related threads span the length of the degree in the english to chinese Translation and Interpreting program:
- For native Chinese speakers, advanced English language instruction focuses on writing and study techniques.
- You will gain specialized language knowledge and expertise in business, legal, or scientific/technical fields.
To do computer-assisted translation, you will study hands-on training modules in our computer labs using cutting-edge software.
Through mobile apps, online videos, class discussions, group work, role-playing, and translation assignments, you will experience an external virtual learning environment that will ensure you have the necessary abilities for the industry.
TRANSLATION FROM ENGLISH TO CHINESE AND INTERPRETING WORK OPPORTUNITIES
Our graduates work as translators and interpreters in government and public services, media and public relations, corporate organizations, and education. Translators might operate as independent contractors or in-house with reputable businesses.